Guest Conductor, Jennifer Drake, returns to the stage with a program of "exciting music to shake everyone out of the winter doldrums and gather people together."
- A. Borodin, Polovtsian Dances (1890)
- R. Peck, Signs of Life II (1983)
- A. Marquez, Conga del Fuego Nuevo (2005)
- A. Dvořák, Symphony No. 8 (1889)
Watch the live stream concert starting at 7:30 pm by clicking HERE
Peruse the beautiful digital concert program by clicking HERE
Enjoy the engaging educational video prepared by Dr. Geoffrey Friedley to learn more about the composers and inspiration behind the pieces by clicking HERE
Dr. Friedley is an instructor of voice, music history, and music appreciation at ISU and produced the Catch the Sun Concert Preview for ISU's New Knowledge Adventures Course, offered free to the public for this performance.
Dr. Friedley has also compiled the following recordings to prepare you for the exciting live ISCS performance:
- Arturo Márquez, Conga del Fuego Nuevo, Orquesta Simón-Bolivar, Gustavo Dudamel, conductor
- Arturo Márquez, Conga del Fuego Nuevo, NYO-USA, Marin Alsop, conductor
- Russell Peck, Signs of Life II, I. Allegor, Alabama Symphony Orchestra, Paul Polivnick, conductor
- Aleksandr Borodin, Polovtsian Dances from Prince Igor, Berlin Philharmonic, Herbert von Karajan, conductor
- Antonin Dvořák, Symphony No. 8 in G Major, Op. 88, Frankfurt Radio Symphony, Manfred Honeck, conductor